One of the great gifts that God gave believers is the institution of believers’ congregational gathering and fellowship. The scriptures clearly show that God called us into relationship with Him and to fellowship of the brethren.
Some people have taught that being in a relationship with God is not about going to church. They say that as long as you and God are in a relationship, then it suffices; but that is not scriptural.
There are people who dislike church meetings for many reasons:
1. they have been hurt in church before
2. they were not brought up going to church, so it is not in them
3. they know some church folks who are hypocrites
4. they find church boring
5. the service is too long etc.
Whatever the case, the truth remains that when we come into relationship with God, we are meant to orientate ourselves regarding godly principles, His values and the way His kingdom is designed to function. Every believer needs to understand how our kingdom functions and he must align himself to it.
I have seen that some people want to follow God but on their own terms, or the way it suits them better but it is not so with God. To follow God, it must be at His own terms not ours. And He has said,
“...........consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is........” (Hebrews 10:24-25)
Believers’ fellowship is the way God has designed this kingdom, our kingdom. Every believer must therefore be a part of the believers gathering for corporate worship, corporate prayer and the ministry of the Word.
Believers benefit a lot when they come together in fellowship. In fellowship we establish friendship or relationship with other believers and through that friendship, our lives are impacted. We all do not possess everything; we need some people coming into our lives to fulfil God's plan for our lives.
No matter what, don't let the devil keep you out!
It is a privilege to be at a place where we can serve people, meet needs in their lives and help to resource them to be their best and fulfil their purpose here on the earth. The heart and life of servanthood is a superior way of life; it is more rewarding than any other thing.
True servanthood is rare in our generation. The emphasis among believers today is more on what we can get from God or what He can empower us to achieve for ourselves than on what we can give out to be a blessing. This is reflected in our manner of prayers, in the motive behind the offerings or tithes that we give to God.
The God kind of love is what can motivate a person to live a selfless life, seek for the best in people, commit to serve people and give of their best and not for what they can gain from it.
Service that is motivated by the love of God can bring the dead back to life, it transforms people, gives life to a community and it reflects the nature and character of God.
The life of service motivated by the love of God does not compete to be better than its neighbour; instead, it paves the way for its neighbour to rise to success.
Be available today!
August Prayer Points – Our Month of FRESH OIL
1. Thank God for the gift of life, good health, for all your needs that are met and for every good thing He did in your life since the start of 2012.
2. I surrender all that I am to you Lord, be glorified in me.
3. Lord empower me to do your will, to succeed in my assignment/career/business and to prevail against all evil.
4. I declare that August is my month of Fresh Oil, and I declare that the Lord will exalt my horn, I shall flourish like the palm tree and will grow into my destiny in the name of Jesus.
5. In the name of Jesus because of the anointing on the Holy Spirit on my life, I command that any yoke that is still hanging on me be totally destroyed.
6. I decree that anything standing on my way, anything holding me back and anything stopping my blessing be removed in Jesus name.
7. Agree with somebody and decree into his life that in this month God will empower him to achieve the impossible and promote him beyond expectations.
8. In the name of Jesus I reject all forms of lack, I reject the yoke of debt, and I reject every setback.
9. Lord give me the wealth of the nations, show me the path to destiny, use me to be a blessing to my family, to my church and to my generation in Jesus name.
10. I speak peace into my future, I speak favour into all my relationships, I speak life and good health to my body and I release the help of God and open doors before me in Jesus name.
11. I decree that the forces of the land will cooperate with me, the land will yield its increase for me, I will see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living and I will be elevated above my enemies. In the name of Jesus
12. Dear Lord deliver from all forms of delay, from shame and from anything that causes pain in Jesus name.
13. In the name of Jesus I release my destiny helpers and I ask that Angels, my ministering spirits, should bring them forth. In Jesus name.
14. I plead the blood of Jesus and the mercy of God over every aspect of my life and over my family and I confess that it shall be well with me in the name of Jesus.
15. Father God, we pray that you will continue to bless us as a church, meet every need in our midst and continue to empower us to fulfil what you called us as a church to do for you in the city and beyond.
I am excited you are on my blog, I hope you enjoy reading what God has given me for you. They are life transforming, empowering and revealing and I am hoping that they will benefit you.
Every one of us created by God has a future, and your future in the plan of God is a beautiful one. You've got worth, you are somebody important, created to achieve something meaningful. you are a blessing to this world.
There is no one useless person created by God; there is something about you worth findin out. I am here to help you find it. I am here to support you discover your purpose, your potentials, and help you break lose from that limitation and help you rise to your highest goal.
You can make it, you can be that man God created you to be.
check out my new book on amazon.com or www.musabako.com
Pastor M Bako
Pastor Musa Bako is the senior pastor of Victory Assembly (RCCG), a dynamic growing multi-cultural ministry in the city of Sheffield, UK. Pastor Musa came into full time pastoral ministry in the RCCG in 1993 after working as a missionary for three years. He was ordained as assistant pastor in 1995 and full pastor in 1998. He is a Provincial Pastor in the RCCG and sought after as conference speaker. The call of God on Pastor Musa is to resource men and women to succeed in life and fulfil the reason for which they were created. With the grace of God on his life, and 22 years in full-time pastoral Ministry, he teaches the word of God with maturity, clarity, and practical insight to help people experience the life-transforming power of God for victorious living. He is a prolific writer and author of several books including the best seller 'I am who God Says I am'. His messages and writings cuts across cultural boundaries. He is a mentor to many in the ministry, an encouragement and a blessing to people from all the continents of the world. Pastors Musa is married to Pastor Eunice Meque Bako and together they are blessed with three children
Pastor Musa and his wife Eunice work as the senior and executive pastors of a multicultural church called Victory Assembly a Parish of the Redeemed Christian church of God based in Sheffield UK, a church they pioneered in the summer of 2000. Victory Assembly is a fast growing church located at the heart of the city. Pastor Musa is a teacher of the word and he teaches the word with insight, simplicity and passion. Many lives have been transformed through his ministry. Pastor Musa and Eunice are both blessed with 3 children.