Psalms 71: 14
“But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more”
Lamentations 3: 25-26
“The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. 26It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD”.
Expectation is when you are in anticipation for something to happen. It is good to hope for something. The opposite of expectation is despondency.
Your expectation defines the quality of your life; it defines what you will have in the future. When you expect nothing, nothing happens. When you expect to fail, you fail and become an underachiever.
It is good to have expectations but is even better to have positive expectations. Without a positive expectation in life, you live a sad life, you become depressed, you worry over nothing and you may even become suicidal. Positive expectation is what makes you feel alive, passionate and productive.
Faith is about expectations – if you are walking in faith, you’ve got to expect for something to happen. If you are acting on the word of God spoken into your life, you’ve got to expect something is going to happen. If you are sowing seed, you’ve got to expect the harvest. Faith makes a believer do something, I mean faith in God; the assurance of his integrity and in his ability and power to make good his word but it is the expectation of the believer that sustains what he has done. It is his expectation that creates the factory that manufactures the future or the harvest. The believer’s expectation releases the anointing to make something happen.
Romans 15: 13
“Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost”
1. You develop joy for living and are excited about tomorrow
2. You overcome fear
3. You are empowered to be a fighter, you are able to endure all things, and obstacles won’t deter you
4. You are able to pay the price; you know it will birth something. You don’t go all out for something unless you are sure something good can come out of it. Some of you don’t see the need to sow seed because you don’t understand the power of harvest.
5. Your present circumstances don’t suppress you
6. Your eyes are on the future, you walk with the future in mind
Renewing your expectations
Expectations can be delayed and when your expectations are delayed, you can become sick and may want to give up.
Proverbs 13: 12
“Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life”.
But you’ve got to learn to keep your hope alive and you can keep your hope alive by:
1. meditating in the word
2. recalling what God did for you in the past
3. learning to just praise in the midst of all
4. confessing what you are hoping for
5. continuing to sow a seed Faith towards it
- ▼ 2010 (11)