"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 19Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. 20The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen”.
We are all people of destiny, created by God to fulfil a purpose here on earth. In pursuit of our destiny, we sometimes hit our target on one go and sometimes we fail and will need to try again and sometimes we need to try again and again and again. Don't feel bad or like a failure because you have to restart again; sometimes we all need to try more than once to achieve something meaningful in life. I call it making a fresh start.
We all need to make a fresh start sometimes to breakthrough, to recover what was lost, to repair what was damages or to make a head way. Winners are those that always want to start all over again and are not ashamed to. To make a fresh start simply means:
1. You are back to where you were before, with a new perspective, drive and intention to make something happen.
2. You are giving a new opportunity to do what we’ve done before in a different way.
3. It could also mean the start of something new, something you’ve never experienced before. sometimes God brings us back to where we started the journey so we can take a different route this time.
Making a fresh start is not a sign of failure but a sign of determination, and it shows a sense of purpose. Always remember that we all sometimes need to make a fresh start, and need to do something different to get to where God wants to take us to. Every new day gives us a new opportunity to take stoke, a chance to do something different. You are only going defeat your purpose and end as a loser if you are proud or ashamed to start all over again.
In making a fresh start, you will need to:
1. Have a desire for something better, bigger and higher. If you don’t see the need to make a change, if you are just happy and contented with where you are, nothing is going to change for you. Its not greed to have a desire for more; life is about growth.
2. Know that you’ve got the capacity to achieve more than you already have. And What people think of you don’t matter. If you've got God, you've got what it takes to make it. Philippians 4: 13
3. Put behind you the old. What is the old in your life that has blurred your vision of the future or hindered your progress? It could be:
• Sense of Failure
• feeling Betrayal
• Bitterness and unforgiveness
• Laziness - Proverbs 14:23
“Work brings profit, but mere talk leads to poverty”! (NLT)
• lack of focus
• lack of fear for God
Whatever the thing is that in the past stood on your way must be sacrificed, let go so you can breakthrough. Let it go!
4. Make a bold step of faith forward. God might have been leading you to take a step of faith to do something you’ve never done before. Something that may appear crazy. God may be saying to go back to school, start your own business, go into the ministry full time etc. until you start to make a move into the unknown you might never make progress.
“Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go”.
5. Change your attitude toward God, people in your life, your work or studies:
Make commitment to approach your duties with dedication. Make commitment to treat people with respect, and with some kindness. To a friend, be a good friend. Make commitment to put God first in your life and never to allow anything come between you and Him.
Making a fresh start is about change, when you change your mentality and your lifestyle, everything about you will start to take a new turn for the best.
Somebody once said, if you want to have what you’ve not got, you’ve got to do what you’ve never done.
You need to ask yourself this question. What do I really want to achieve in life, who do I want to become, where do I want to get to in life. What I am in this life for.
You also need to ask; what do I need to do to achieve it.
- ► 2010 (11)